Healthy snacking is a great way to combat hunger in between meals. The trick is choosing a snack that is satisfying and under 200 calories. This recipe is the perfect solution for a sweet & crunchy craving. The fruit-avocado salsa is jam-packed with vitamin C and heart healthy fats. Makes 12 servings (serving size: 6 chips and 3 tablespoons of avocado salsa = 138 calories)
Make the chips in advance, cool completely, and store in an airtight container until ready to serve. Questions/Comment? Email email@example.com
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 (6-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled ripe avocado (about 2)
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare chips, brush oil evenly over one side of each tortilla. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over oil-coated sides of tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges; arrange wedges in a single layer on two baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- 3. Combine avocado, 3/4 cup strawberries, cilantro and lime juice; stir gently to combine. Sprinkle salsa with remaining 1/4 cup chopped strawberries. Serve with chips.
- HUNGRY FOR MORE? CALL STEP AHEAD WELLNESS CENTER TODAY: 908.470.2235 TO LEARN ABOUT OUR FAST-TRACK WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAMS, EXERCISE CLASSES, AND MORE...