It's a well known fact that losing weight can improve your physical and emotional well-being. Now you can lose weight and save money. Due to the many exciting changes in the treatment of weight loss in the past year, we are now able to offer Step Ahead Wellness Center Weight Loss programs through your insurance coverage.
We are very excited about these changes and hope to be able to bring our established, supportive and successful program to many individuals with less out of pocket expense. At the same time, many of our programs will help you qualify for discounts in your out of pocket costs for health insurance
Lose weight and gain confidence with foolproof health advice and ongoing support of Step Ahead's expert team, including a physician, certified trainer, and certified nutritionist.
Time-Saving Diet Tips from Step Ahead's Nutrition Expert, Sari Greaves RDN:
1) Smartphone app: Audio Chef (Platform: apple)
Like having a friendly cooking coach in your kitchen, this app helps you create a meal with a simple and easy-to-use design and narrated cooking instruction. Some recipes take as little as 15 minutes.
2) Get your daily dose of omega-3's with our delicious & easy recipe for baked salmon cakes.
This dish is packed wirh aromatic vegetables and baked instead of fried for a 300-calorie skinny dish (for 2 cakes) that adds jazz to any ordinary breakfast, lunch or dinner.
2 6-ounce cans skinless and boneless salmon, drained (or 1 1/2 cup cooked salmon)
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
olive oil spray
plain nonfat greek yogurt (optional as dipping sauce)
serving size = 2 cakes, recipe makes 4 servings (approximately 300 calories)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and mist a baking sheet with spray oil.
2. In a medium bowl, flake the salmon and mix in all the remaining ingredients.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts, about 3/4 cup each and shape into 3-inch cakes.
4. Place cakes on baking sheet and and bake 8-10 minutes on each side until golden brown.
5. Serve over a mixed green salad and a dollop of greek yogurt as a creamy dipping sauce.
Make your new year's health resolutions come true. Learn about Step Ahead Wellness Center's personalized weight loss plans created by a medical doctor, registered dietitian, and certified personal trainer.
Dr. Deborah Neiman MD, Sari Greaves, RDN & Noelle Lusardi, CPT
49 U.S. Highway 202 Far Hills, NJ 07931 908-470-2235