Step Ahead's 5 Fitness Tips
- Missed your daily workout? Don’t worry… watch one of your favorite TV shows and do strength training moves during the commercial breaks: lunges, squats, crunches—mix it up.
- Lift weights & your spirits. Even a few weight training exercises affect the mood-controlling parts of your brain and will make you happier.
- Workouts getting a little boring? Take your run outside instead of on the treadmill. Swap a run for a hike or swim. Change will breathe some fresh air into your routine.
- Check your bags. Take your gym clothes on your next trip and take advantage of hotel gyms and swimming pools or do push-up, crunches, squats and jumping jacks in your room.
- Defy your desk job. Make a point to move every hour, whether it's to physically deliver a message or just to circle the office. Plus, it will break up the monotony of your workday!