Savor the tastes of Italy by serving individual pita pizzas loaded with fresh vegetables, melted cheese, and a cider vinegar sauce. It's a one-dish meal that's sure to please. Questions/Comments? Email email@example.com
Makes 4 servings, 319 calories per serving (serving size: 1 topped pita)
- 4 (7-inch) pitas
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pre-shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 4 cups packaged gourmet salad greens
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet. Spread 1/2 teaspoon garlic on each pita. Sprinkle each pita with 1/4 cup cheese, and divide onion evenly among pitas. Bake at 475° for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
- While pitas bake, combine vinegar, oil, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and basil. Add salad greens, and toss gently to coat.
- Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates; top each pita with about 1 cup salad. Serve immediately. Recipe adapted from cookinglight.com
HUNGRY FOR MORE? CALL STEP AHEAD WELLNESS CENTER TODAY: 908.470.2235 TO LEARN ABOUT OUR SUMMER WEIGHT LOSS SPECIALS, YOGA CLASSES, AND MORE!