Summer is out and Fall is here. Now is the perfect time to “step up” and start again and continue with your weight loss goals.
- Fill out your fall meals with roasted vegetables, salads with fresh apples, or heartier stews with turnips, squash, or sweet potatoes. Cooler weather is the perfect excuse to bring out the slow cooker. Leftovers are easily turned into new dishes for the next meal, or it can guarantee healthier, more filling dinners.
- Sometimes weight loss is just about getting on a schedule and sticking to it. Back into the swing of things with school, work, or weekend activities? Schedule in some wellness time, 30 minutes of walking, pre-work gym workout, or even setting the goal of meal planning and prepping. Routines form habits, and habits (especially the healthy ones) help with weight loss. Don’t forget to get enough hours of sleep. Regular sleep and wake times helps the body to sleep better, and that can help avoid adding pounds.
- Fall cools down the weather and make it tolerable to get outdoors to active. The best motivator? Fall foliage! Enjoy the outdoor scenery around the neighborhood, at the local park, or a weekend getaway. No time for that? Remember, even chores like raking leaves can count as physical activity.
- Not sure how to get into a physical activity program? Set a goal and work towards it. There are plenty of charity runs and 5Ks (ie: A local turkey trot in November) that can give you an easy goal to try to achieve in a short amount of time.
- Stay hydrated. Bored of the water? Cooler weather is the perfect time to incorporate herbal teas. Just watch the calorie loaded coffee drinks (like pumpkin spiced lattes!)