Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
OK, so this may not be the kick off to summer we all had planned. However, you can still honor those who served our country and kick off the summer having lots of fun at home. Here are some tips to have a healthy weekend:
1. Celebrate in an Active Way – Don't make food the central focus of the weekend! Enjoy the weather and get moving outside.
2. Grill Out – Fire up the grill! You can grill all kinds of food, including lean meats, veggies, and fruit!
3. Be Together in New Ways – Memorial Day is a weekend where we spend time with loved ones and remember our fallen troops. Set up a Zoom barbecue with friends and family, do a virtual cooking class, or play a virtual game.
4. Limit Your Alcohol Intake – Alcohol increases your calorie intake and it tends to get us munching on unnecessary snacks. If you plan to drink, be mindful of the munching! And remember to track the drinks!
5. Practice Safety – Wear your masks, social distance, and wear sunscreen 😀